Richard B. Johnson
Richard Brian Johnson is the author of Abominable Firebug  (ISBN 0-595-38667-9). A graduate of the Lyman School for Boys,  Johnson invented the Rubber Ducky Antenna [3,4] while a resident of this famous reform school.
He also created the JMODEM [7,8] file transfer protocol in the days before the Internet, was the Sysop of the PROGRAM EXCHANGE bulletin board system, one of the first free software development groups, and was one of the first engineers to implement RLE compression run-length encoding (in hardware) to speed data transmission (circa 1967). [9,10] Mr. Johnson is named co-inventor of several US and European patents such as U.S. Patent 5,577,026  and European application 0737370  .
1. Johnson, Richard B., Abominable Firebug (2006) iUniverse
2. Lyman School for Boys the nation’s first reform school
3. Rubber Ducky Antenna
4. Origin of the Rubber Ducky Antenna
5. Invention for transferring high-speed data across a moving interface U.S. patent 5,577,026
6. European filing for the same invention EP patent application 0737370
7. Original JMODEM documentation
8. The C version of JMODEM documentation
9. Johnson’s RLE implementation at Haystack
10. C language source code for RLE encoding and decoding
Johnson gets blamed for a transmitter fire!
Was this too arrogant?
Johnson plays the piano
Johnson’s photo gallery
Johnson’s BLOGS on Blogspot
Johnson’s free software source-code
Johnson’s extended biography
Johnson’s thoughts about the homeless
Johnson’s thoughts about being laid off from work
Johnson’s thoughts about President Bush
Johnson starts a new company
This article may be freely copied or referenced. No copyright protection is claimed. The underlying HTML code is also in the public domain.